The journey was long. The journey was hard But we have overcome. I can't believe it is almost over. what seemed like a mountain is now a mold hill. I can see clearly now the rain is gone I can see all the obstacles that were in my way. "No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful. Later on, however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace for those who have been trained by it." hebrews 12:11 I am so much more aware of my sourrounding due to this class and I am thankfull.
We now have at our finger tips life and death. We can use this virtual space for good or evil. What are you willing to do with this power/tool that has been placed in our hands. We have the knowledge of good and evil it is our responsibiltity to use it accordingly. I know for some this is not nothing new and those of you who are, you are already ahead of the game if your church has not position it self in this virtual phenomenon help to position them but do more than you were doing before challenge yourself to go deeper.
Joshua said to the children of Israel choose you this day which God are you going to serve the gods of your fathers or the God of Israel, he then went on to say as for him and his house they shall serve the Lord. Craig Detweiler gave a warning the potential that these devices can become a god to us but it is for us to choose what, how, why, where and when, we are going to use these devices. Let us be purposeful, intentional, authentic, and maintain our Identity in Christ the author and the finisher of our faith.
This for me is the end of the old and the beginning of the new. I pray if not for all of us most of us we can start positioning ourselves to be apart of the broader conversation so that we can be engaging and thoughtful in our response to a world that has many questions. This is my new beginning, how about you?
No comments:
Post a Comment