Few weeks ago we discussed authenticity and being who we are online in the virtual world. This sunday in church a young ministry spoke on what is in our heart. He said you can be in church but yet your heart is somewhere else. I started to think about when you are online where is our heart? In the video with Detweiler he made mention of a psychologist who was once big on technology who is now recanting her statement and believe's instead it is destroying relationships. As I reflect in the garden of Eden God placed the tree of good and evil and the tree of life in the midst of the garden, God forbid Adam not to partake of the tree of good and evil. God did not forbid them to partake of the tree of life, yet they instead choose the tree of good and evil. Why?
I want to submit their heart was somewhere else. They or more accurately eve's heart was somewhere else, it was for the fruit on the tree of good and evil and not the fruit of God (The tree of life). What is in a person that is what is going to come out authenticity is not something you should plan to do it should be a reflection of you. If you are in church and your mind is somewhere else technically you are not there, also in the virtual space, if you have to practice to be authentic then you are being someone else. Let us give thought to who we want to be and what does that person look like and act like. Let it be in our hearts we should embody what we love and who we want to be and be faithful to that person. If it is Christ let be Christ let us be has Christ like but let it be from the heart.
Is it okay if my Christ looks different from your Christ? How would you reconcile that?
ReplyDeleteI believe their is only one message which is to seek and to save that which was lost that message reflect the heart beat of Christ, his passion. How we accomplish that is where we sometime get caught in the trap of whose way is the right way, let God be the Judge.
DeleteYes I enjoyed this.... I truly believe that daily we have been called to be more and more like Christ.I was sharing the same idea with my youth this past Sunday. Great stuff!!!
ReplyDeleteGreat stuff is you sharing the message with your youth Praise God but I appreciate your kind words, God Bless.
Delete